Job: Student assistant (m/f/d): Creative Coding and Creative Coding and Coding Literacy
Do you have experience with creative coding? Are you interested in exploring how to foster creativity and coding literacy at the same time? Processing and OpenFrameworks sound familiar to you? Then you are the perfect addition working with me.
Student assistant (m/f/d): Creative Coding and Coding Literacy
The position is situated in the project Coding Literacy ⬫ Creative Coding that investigates the link between creative technologies and digital literacies. Specifically, the student assistant will work in project co-creating educational material in the fields of media education and teacher education and support research tasks.
The employment is for now limited to 6 months, starting at the next possible date.
- Designing of didactic material for teaching and learning creative coding
- (Co)writing research reports and literature reviews
- Supporting the planning of small events (e.g. workshops) and reporting
- Enrolled in a higher education institution, preferably in computer or data science, creative technologies or media education
- Have experience in creating creative coding projects, including languages and tools such as Java, C++, Processing, OpenFrameworks
- Fluent in English and, ideally, German
- Enjoy working in an interdisciplinary research context and have the ability to communicate across disciplines
- Possess an independent and reliable workstyle, in addition to a curious mindset
What I offer
- The opportunity to hone your methodological and writing skills
- The experience of conducting a variety of research-related tasks
- A growing network of international experts and colleagues in creative technologies and education
- The chance of making new contacts in the scientific community
About your application
Please submit your application with a short cover letter, CV and if available, information about related previous projects or work samples (portfolio, links) via mail (in German or English). The review of applications will start on 21 October 2020, but the call for applications will remain open until a suitable applicant has been found. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Dan Verständig (email@example.com).
The remuneration is based on the general guidelines of the OvGU Magdeburg.
I'm looking forward to your application!