Below is an overview of current and previous courses. Some of the events are linked to the entries of the respective institutions, where finally also more detailed descriptions can be found. In addition to the information offered on this page, the university information system HIS-LSF might be a vital resource. There, you will find all the information about the courses of the respective semester (registration formalities, rooms, times, content comments, etc.). It may well be that an offer is missing and is in the LSF. The LSF ultimately determines the accuracy and relevance of the courses.
- Culture(s) of Hacking (WS 18/19)
- Critical Code Studies - An Introduction (WS 18/19)
- Lecture Serie on Education in a Digital Age (WS 18/19) – together with Prof. Dr. Johannes Fromme and Prof. Dr. Stefan Iske.
courses given at the Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg
- Understanding Computer Science – Media pedagogical projects with focus on Computer Science – together with Rita Freudenberg and Dr. Henry Herper (SoSe 2018)
- Project- and knowledge management in a digital world – together with David Nowak (SoSe 2018)
- Media Theories and their impact on the conception of Media Education (WS 17/18)
- Automation, Algorithms and Individual Autonomy? (SoSe 2017)
- Microblogging – Media Cultures and Education (WS 2016/2017)
- Internet Studies: Methods and Methodologies (SoSe 2016)
- Education and Digital Publics (WS 2015/16)
- Basic aspects of Media Literacy (WS 2015/16)
- Structural Media Education – An introduction (SoSe 2015)
- Approaches of Internet Research (WS 2014/15)
- Digital Publics (SoSe 2014)
- Media History (SoSe 2014)
- Crowdsourcing and Networked Cultures (WS 2013/14)
- Media History (SoSe 2013)
- Virtual Communities on the Internet (WiSe 2012/13)
- Digital Inequality (SoSe 2012)
- Transformations of Didactics - Teaching and Learning in Media Change (SoSe 2012)
- Digital Activism (WS 2011/12)
- Internet Research – together with Jens Holze (SoSe 2011)
other teaching activities
- 09/2017 – 12/2017 Media Education and Media Literacy held at the Clara Hoffbauer University of Applied Science in Potsdam
This course was a collaboration with Prof. Dr. phil. habil. Kerstin Eschwege.
- SoSe 2016 – Lectureship at the University of Cologne in the study program Intermedia on Education and Digital Publics.